Skip to main content

Community Resources

So you can fly.

Locate local and regional services such as childcare, healthcare, energy and rental financial assistance, food, and affordable housing across Oregon.

General Assistance

Oregon Eligibility logo

​Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
Provides cash benefits to low-​income families with children.

Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
Serves pregnant, postpartum or breastfeeding women or children under 5 years old. Dads, grandparents, foster parents or other guardians may apply for WIC for their children.

Oregon One Eligibility
Medical, food, cash, or childcare assistance.

Local resources for Oregon and Southwest Washington. If you need additional assistance, dial 2-1-1. Language interpreters are available.

Rose City Resource
Search engine to find reduced cost or free services in Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas counties.

Safe Strong Oregon
Support resources for housing, food, language, older adults, LGBTQIA+, and more.

Trimet Reduced Fare
Information on qualifications and application for an Honored Citizen Hop card with reduced fare ($1.25 for 2½ hours or $28/month)

Energy Assistance

Oregon Energy Fund logo

Energy assistance for eligible households with a total gross income of 70% or less than the statewide median income.

PGE Assistance Resources
Information about payment plans, extensions, income-qualified bill discount, LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) and OEAP (Oregon Energy Assistance Program).

Pacific Power Assistance Resources
Information about payment plans, extensions, pay stations and drop boxes.

NW Natural Assistance Resources
Information about payment plans, extensions, income-qualified bill discounts, weatherization tips. For both Oregon and Washington state

Washington County Utility Assistance
Utility assistance for Washington Co, OR with a median household income of 60% or less.

Tri-County Area Utility Assistance
Assistance resources for Clackamas, Multnomah, Washington County.

Food Assistance

Oregon Food Bank logo

Oregon Food Bank
The Oregon Food Bank has a network of over 1,400 pantries and food assistance sites.​

Supplemental Nutrition ​Assistance Program (SNAP)
SNAP ​offers food benefits to eligible, low-income individuals and families.

Housing Support

Multnomah County logo

Multnomah County Emergency Rent Assistance
Local rent relief for tenant households with incomes at or below 80% area median income who have experienced financial hardship due to COVID-19.

Washington Co. Rent Assistance
Rental assistance for Washington County Households under 30% Area Median Income.

Tenant Resources
Legal information about renters’ rights in Oregon.

Information on Covid-19

Oregon Healthy Authority logo

Vaccines, Boosters and Third Doses
Everyone 6 months and older is recommended to receive an initial primary vaccination series. Some people are recommended to receive additional primary series doses and boosters.

Find COVID-19 vaccines, boosters and testing near you
To learn which vaccine brands are offered at these sites, use the Get Vaccinated Oregon locator tool. Appointments, insurance and proof of immigration status are not required. 

LGBTQ+ Resources

Portland-Hillsboro-Vancouver Metro Area:

Q center:

Queer Youth Group: A safe space where LGBTQIA+ people under the age of 18 can join in conversations, discuss queer topics, and find support among their peers.

Sexual & Gender Minority Youth Resource Center (SMYRC):

SMYRC, provides a safe, harassment-free space for queer and trans youth ages 13-23, where you can create art, play music, and join in on open mic nights, drag shows, and support groups.

You can access services like counseling, school support, and much more. Whatever you are looking for, they are there to honor, empower, and support you.

Queer Youth Resource Center:

“Creating community as our center” by promoting recreational youth events, engaging in community networking and outreach, as well as sharing important LGBTQ+ resources.

Black & Beyond the Binary Collective:
Black & Beyond the Binary Collective builds the leadership, healing, and safety of Black-African transgender, queer, nonbinary, two-spirit, and intersex (TQN2SI+) Oregonians.


The Trevor Project:

Text “START” : 678-678

The Network la Red Voice:

The Network/La Red is a survivor-led, social justice organization that works to end partner abuse in LGBTQ+ communities.

National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs:

AVP empowers LGBTQ+ communities and allies to end all forms of violence through organizing and education, and supports survivors through counseling and advocacy.

LGBT National Hotline:

Confidential online peer support, information, and local resources for LGBTQ+ youth, seniors, allies, and more.

National Queer and Trans Therapists of Color Network:

A network of QTPoC mental health practitioners participating in  a community of care, resource sharing, connection, and learning for QTPoC providing and seeking mental health resources. Includes a directory of QTPoC practitioners and financial assistance to QTPoC seeking mental health support.

Pride Counseling:

Online therapy options for the LGBTQ+ community to get the help they need discreetly, affordably, and conveniently. 

Physical or Mental Health Support

Safe & Strong logo
Safe and Strong Oregon
24/7 online mental and emotional support, community resource locations, community specific resources, translation services, and more.

Children’s Community Clinic
Healthcare for children up to 21 years of age and of families who are underserved (uninsured and underinsured), regardless of ethnicity, geographic residency, or ability to pay.

988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
Free 24/7 online, phone, and text support for suicide, crisis, and emotional support.
Call or Text 988
Spanish: Call 988
TTY: Dial 711 then 988

Wage or Employment Assistance

State of Oregon Employment Department logo

Unemployment InsuranceInformation about unemployment insurance, online claims systems, benefits estimations, how to file, and more.

Weekly Claim Portal
Apply for regular unemployment insurance and submit weekly claims to continue receiving benefits.

Skip to content