Airway Science 2023 Summer Camp Guidelines
- Children need to arrive between 8:45-9:00am and must be picked between 3:00-3:15pm. Parent/guardian must park their vehicle and walk their child into the Camp and sign the child into the Camp.
- There will be a late-fee assessed for children who are picked up after 3:15 pm. The late fee is $1.00 for each minute past 3:15 pm. Repeated late pick-ups may result in the removal of the participant from the program, with no refund for programs.
- ASK staff is not permitted to administer medication to program participants. In the event of a medical emergency, staff will administer first aid, CPR, and rescue in the best interest of the child. Parents will be contacted if care is administered. Allergy medications may be administered if directed in writing by the child’s parent/guardian.
- Parents and guardians are required to inform ASK in writing of any special circumstances which may affect the child’s ability to participate fully and within the guidelines of acceptable behavior, including, but not limited to, any serious behavioral problems or special circumstances regarding psychological, medical, or physical conditions. Once the notice is submitted, a conference will be scheduled with the parent/guardian to discuss the special circumstances and whether the ASK can accommodate the circumstances.
- For safety reasons please wear clothing that is not loose fitting or restrictive and is appropriate for the activities (climbing in and out of planes, visiting businesses, etc.) that will take place during the week. We suggest t-shirts, jeans, cargo shorts or something similar and some type of athletic shoe or sneaker in order to participate in activities. Sandals, flip-flops, rubber “crocs”-style shoes, and other open-toed shoes are not allowed due to safety concerns. If you’re unsure or have any questions about attire please email us at email@example.com
- Please put the child’s name on all articles of clothing, snack bags, bags, etc. Children may not bring toys, mobile phones, electronic devices, jewelry, money, or any possession of value with them to any of the programs. Children will be responsible for their belongings.
- ASK staff will create a fun and safe environment for participants in the program. Praise and positive reinforcement are used as effective methods of behavior management. Children who do not respond to these methods or who are destructive to others or to property will be addressed in a professional, positive, and timely manner to correct the behavior. Refunds for missed days due to a discipline dismissal will not be granted.NOTE: Immediate dismissal from the program can occur at any time given severe circumstances.
- Lunch is not provided. Children must bring their own lunch, drink and a morning snack. Drinks must be in a non-glass container each day. Snacks and lunch should be in a paper, plastic, or reusable lunch box clearly labeled with the child’s name. Snacks must be peanut-free. Please do not send gum or candy.